Friday, November 19, 2010

Blind Contour Friday



This Friday's Blind Contour is 'Squidwards House' (from Spongebob Squarepants) chosen by my son. He enjoys it so much we do them together throughout the week not just Friday's for our homeschooling art class. Something really neat came out of them. When he is completed the Blind Contour drawing, he likes to close his eyes and draw the image from memory. I know that other people have done this before, but I was thrilled he thought of it on his own and then instructed me to do the same. His is on the bottom. I liked that my son noticed and put in the small dots around the eyes.
Thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

  1. Your children are very special with wonderful talents! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just terrific!
    (The word verification I had to write was
    "mumpl"! Isn't that a great word?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be pleased for the dots also--means alot..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Florence, these are superb! I like both of them. Oh, I'm envious of your son's design! Picasso had it right when he worked on learning to draw "like a child". Both are terrific! Exciting that your son likes to repeat the drawing from memory. Wow!

    Oh, and how can I stop blind contour Friday's? This is too exciting! Plus, it's a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful!! I like the idea...never thought of it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are very blessed to have children who are loving their art journey....what a gift. I love experiencing art with kids....they are so untouched by learned inhibitions....they just do it...something us adults can learn from. :)
    Enjoy your art days. Huggers

    ReplyDelete
  7. They turned out really good! I am always amazed by young talents

    ReplyDelete